Accounts Receivable Specialist - Medical
Headquartered in Phoenix, Integrated Medical Services is a team of 500 employees and a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality innovative health care. Each day is a new day for ground-breaking ideas and unparalleled opportunity. Ours is a culture focused on what we can accomplish today, and where it can lead us tomorrow.
Integrated Medical Services, Inc. is currently searching for a professional, compassionate and knowledgeable individual to fill the position of AR Follow Up Specialist in our Revenue Cycle Department. The Follow Up Specialist is responsible for processing and submitting accurate and timely claims to payers, analyze and research unpaid claims and assist in the resolutions of denial, partial payments and payment variances.
- Researches and processes insurance denials, unpaid claims or underpaid claims reviewing documentation and insurance/contract/coding guidelines. This process includes written appeals when appropriate and/or contacting the insurance.
- Understands insurance plan coverage's, authorizations, benefits and benefit limitations, demonstrates ability to calculate allowable and patient liabilities
- Understands basic remit and remark codes and demonstrates knowledge of resolving simple claim denials
- Able to research, trend and resolve claim denials.
- Responsible for assisting with billing secondary claims and EOBs that need follow up.
- At least 1 - 3 years’ experience as an AR Follow Up Specialist required
- Bilingual preferred
- Excellent communication skills-both written and verbal
- Good computer skills and being familiar with Microsoft (Word and Excel)
- EMR (Athena) experience a plus
- High School Diploma or GED
You can look forward to a generous compensation package including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off and a very lucrative 401K plan.
*IMS is a tobacco-free work environment
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
It is the policy of IMS to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
IMS JOB FAIR
IMS will be hosting a Career Fair on Thursday January 9, 2019 from 4PM - 6PM. We are currently seeking medical assistants, medical coders, medical billers, and various other support staff to fill positions out of our Paradise Valley, Avondale, and Phoenix locations. If you are interested in attending this event, please bring a copy of your resume, as we will have members of human resources and managers available for on the spot interview. We look forward to seeing you there!
Location of event:
Integrated Medical Services
3815 E Bell Rd
Second Floor Conference Room
Phoenix, AZ 85032
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18