Authorization Coordinator - Neurology
Headquartered in Phoenix, Integrated Medical Services is a team of 500 employees and a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality innovative health care. Each day is a new day for ground-breaking ideas and unparalleled opportunity. Ours is a culture focused on what we can accomplish today, and where it can lead us tomorrow.
Integrated Medical Services, Inc. is currently searching for a professional, compassionate and knowledgeable individual to fill the position of Authorization Coordinator in our Neurology department in Phoenix. The Authorization Coordinator is responsible for a variety of administrative tasks including submitting authorization requests for procedures, check in and check-out, answering phones, scheduling, and incoming referral management. Instill the IMS mission, vision and values in the work performed.
- Submits authorization requests to insurance for ancillary services performed in the clinic
- Manages ancillary schedules to assure all tests are approved to be performed before the patient arrives for testing.
- Coordinates and manages physician clinic schedules.
- Welcomes patients as they contact the office either personally or by telephone, and explains the services available, payment categories, and billing procedures.
- Manages check-in and check-out functions. Verifies demographics of new patients and scanning insurance cards for the medical file. Gives patient forms prior to meeting with the provider and verifies that the patient has completed the forms completely and accurately, including signature and date. Adds completed forms to the medical file.
- Schedule prep day before verifying insurance/outstanding liabilities/medical record/informing patients of copay and deductibles.
- Schedules and reminds patients about appointments/tests/procedures. Directs walk-in patients and emergencies as per established policies and procedures.
- Collects co-pays. Reviews and verifies patient coverage of insurance or other agencies and computes the charges to be paid by the patient.
- Collects deposits or co-pays/deductibles prior to the patient being seen by the provider per established policies and procedures. Reviews account for balances due. Informs patient of their outstanding balance, collects said balance, and issues cash receipt when monies are collected.
- Oversees petty cash, close batches, post co-pays to batches, and End of Day balancing of the cash drawers. Notifies manager of any reconciliation shortages immediately.
- Arranges transportation/interpretation for patients if needed.
- At least 1 years’ experience required
- Verification of insurance experience
- Bilingual preferred not required
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of customer service skills and experience
Joining Integrated Medical Services is more than saying "yes" to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
You can look forward to a generous compensation package including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off and a very lucrative 401K plan.
*IMS is a tobacco-free work environment
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.