Cardiopulmonary Technologist | Avondale
Headquartered in Phoenix, Integrated Medical Services is a team of 500 employees and a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality innovative health care. Each day is a new day for ground-breaking ideas and unparalleled opportunity. Ours is a culture focused on what we can accomplish today, and where it can lead us tomorrow.
Integrated Medical Services, Inc. is currently searching for a professional, compassionate and knowledgeable individual to fill the position of Cardiopulmonary Technologist for our growing Cardiology Department. The Cardiopulmonary will be responsible diagnose and care for patients with blood vessel and heart related problems. In this important role, the successful applicant will help physicians detect diseases and disorders of the heart and lungs, such as cardiac sonography exams and stress tests. If you have experience in a as Cardiopulmonary Technologist at a medium-sized medical practice, we encourage you to apply for this position.
- Explains testing procedures to patient and obtains consent form
- Starts electrocardiograph and records data, such as angle and speed of treadmill, patient's indications of pain, and measurements of blood pressure.
- Informs physician of wave abnormalities on electrocardiogram.
- Starts treadmill at speed directed by physician.
- Edits and mounts representative samples of tracings for patient's record, indicating time of test measurement and bodily factors that could have affected recording.
- Must be proficient in administering and monitoring patients receiving Adenosine, Lexiscan, and Dobutamine.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and to be accurate, efficient and organized.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships while addressing complex sensitive administrative issues.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work efficiently and cope with emergency situations
- High school diploma or GED required
- Successful completion of EKG/Cardiac Monitor Technician Program at an accredited college or university
- Current BLS, ACLS and CPR certification required
- Minimum 2 - 5 years’ experience in Cardiology clinic.
Joining Integrated Medical Services is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
You can look forward to a generous compensation package including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off and a very lucrative 401K plan.
*IMS is a tobacco-free work environment
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10