Certified Coding Specialist-Medical
Headquartered in Phoenix, Integrated Medical Services is a team of 500 employees and a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality innovative health care. Each day is a new day for ground-breaking ideas and unparalleled opportunity. Ours is a culture focused on what we can accomplish today, and where it can lead us tomorrow.
Integrated Medical Services, Inc. is currently searching for a professional, compassionate and knowledgeable individual to fill our Certified Coding Specialist role in our Revenue Cycle department. The Certified Coding Specialist will be responsible for processing medical claim information through our EMR system using knowledge of CPT and ICD codes ensuring the accuracy in our medical claim information.
**Candidates must reside in Maricopa County, Arizona.
- Enter alpha, numeric or symbolic data from source documents into EMR System for patient billing purposes using knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 codes.
- Analyze, research and correct data entry errors using electronic medical record (EMR) systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- Research and consolidate information required for analysis of revenue cycle operations.
- Conduct testing of system updates related to revenue cycle processes and provide feedback.
- Serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Provide training as needed, including training of new providers and coders.
- Perform regular coding reviews for providers.
- At least 2-3 years experience in multi-specialty coding
- Bilingual preferred, not required
- Required to have a valid and active Certified Coding (CPC) license
- High School Diploma or GED
Joining Integrated Medical Services is more than saying "yes" to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
You can look forward to a generous compensation package including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off and a very lucrative 401K plan.
*IMS is a tobacco-free work environment
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.