Charge Entry Clerk - Cardiology
Headquartered in Phoenix, Integrated Medical Services is a team of 500 employees and a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality innovative health care. Each day is a new day for ground-breaking ideas and unparalleled opportunity. Ours is a culture focused on what we can accomplish today, and where it can lead us tomorrow.
Integrated Medical Services, Inc. is currently searching for a professional, compassionate and knowledgeable individual to fill the position of Charge Entry Clerk for our Cardiology Clinic. The Charge Entry Clerk is responsible for evaluating medical records and validating that appropriate clinical diagnosis and procedure codes are assigned in accordance with nationally recognized coding guidelines. This position will also be responsible for entering all charges, payments, credits and adjustments by pay classification into the management information system on a timely basis.
- Review and analyze medical information from medical records against billed procedures to ensure accurate coding of diagnostic and procedural information in accordance with national coding guidelines and appropriate reimbursement requirements. Make suggestions to correct as needed to ensure accurate billing and reimbursement processing.
- Consult with medical providers to clarify missing or inadequate record information and to determine appropriate diagnostic and procedure codes.
- Provide thorough, timely and accurate review of ICD10 and/or CPT code assignments.
- Post a variety of health service charges to patients accounts per pay classification and post payments received from patients.
- Review and analyze patients encounter forms to insure accuracy and completeness prior to performing charge entry and consult with medical providers to take necessary action to correct the encounter form if/when needed.
- Complete daily and monthly reports; and maintain productivity standards set by department leadership.
- Must demonstrate a high level of knowledge and understanding of ICD10 and CPT coding principles as recommended by the American Health Information Management Association coding competencies, and as required for the assigned practice areas.
- Must be able to work effectively with common office software, coding software, and abstracting systems.
- Specialized formal training equivalent to the two year certification course in medical record keeping principles and practices, anatomy, physiology, pathology, medical terminology, standard nomenclature, and classification of diagnoses and operations, or an Associate’s degree in a related health care field is preferred.
- Must stay up to date on coding and insurance changes/updates.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Requires one or more years of experience providing coding services for a broad range of clinical specialty areas.
Joining Integrated Medical Services is more than saying "yes" to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
You can look forward to a generous compensation package including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off and a very lucrative 401K plan.
*IMS is a tobacco-free work environment
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.