Charge Entry Specialist
Come join one of the fastest growing multi-specialty centers in Arizona! Integrated Medical Services (IMS) is a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality, innovative health care. The multi-specialty group has primary care and most specialties well represented throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and many rural locations.
IMS is actively seeking a talented, experienced Charge Entry Specialist for our IMS Primary Care division in Phoenix, AZ. This position is full-time and will be responsible for evaluating medical records and validating that appropriate clinical diagnosis and procedure codes are assigned in accordance with nationally recognized coding guidelines. This position will also be responsible for entering all charges, payments, credits and adjustments by pay classification into the management information system on a timely basis.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Job Functions
- Reviews and analyzes medical information from medical records against billed procedures to ensure accurate coding of diagnostic and procedural information in accordance with national coding guidelines and appropriate reimbursement requirements. Make suggestions to correct as needed to ensure accurate billing and reimbursement processing.
- Consults with medical providers to clarify missing or inadequate record information and to determine appropriate diagnostic and procedure codes. Provides thorough, timely and accurate review of ICD10 and/or CPT code assignments.
- Posts a variety of health service charges to patients accounts per pay classification and posts payments received from patients.
- Reviews and analyzes patients encounter forms to insure accuracy and completeness prior to performing charge entry and consults with medical providers to take necessary action to correct the encounter form if/when needed.
- As assigned, completes daily and monthly reports; and maintains productivity standards set by department leadership.
- Travel may be required depending on business needs.
- Hours may vary and be outside of normal office hours depending on business needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must demonstrate a high level of knowledge and understanding of ICD10 and CPT coding principles as recommended by the American Health Information Management Association coding competencies, and as required for the assigned practice areas.
- Must be able to work effectively with common office software, coding software, and abstracting systems.
- Specialized formal training equivalent to the two year certification course in medical record keeping principles and practices, anatomy, physiology, pathology, medical terminology, standard nomenclature, and classification of diagnoses and operations, or an Associate’s degree in a related health care field is preferred.
- Must stay up to date on coding and insurance changes/updates.
Education and Experience
Education and Certification:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Requires one or more years of experience providing coding services for a broad range of clinical specialty areas.
IMS offers a competitive compensation package including great benefits, such as medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401k with immediate vesting, and much more!
*IMS is a tobacco free workplace.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 42