Chief of Operations
Integrated Medical Services (IMS) is a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality, innovative health care. The multi-specialty group has primary care and most specialties well represented throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and many rural locations – over 50 location.
Come join the fastest growing multi-specialty organization in Arizona! IMS is searching for a full-time Chief of Operations (COO) as a key role on the executive team. The COO will assist in the development and execution of the organization’s strategic goals and objectives. In addition to the strategic components, the COO will be charged with developing and implementing policies and procedures in IMS operations.
- Provide oversight and efficient operation of all organizational aspects of the practice including patient clinics, ancillary services, and designated projects.
- Serves as the operations liaison to the Chief Executive Officer and designated committees; effectively communicating and presenting critical operational and financial matters at select board and committee meetings.
- Empower the operational team with the leadership and resources they need to successfully complete operations initiatives
- Positively represent the company at all times through a success-oriented and professional demeanor
- Partner with other C-level executives to accomplish short and long-term operational goals
- Measure and report on operational performance and develop plans to improve relevant key performance indicators
- Represents the organization externally, as necessary, particularly in operational and practice negotiations with external service providers.
- Oversees, directs, and coordinates the work of the organization's divisions in the support of the organization's objectives
- Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Ensures staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
- Establishes and monitors staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments.
- Mentors and develops staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Masters level degree in business, hospital administration or an advanced degree with direct relevance to the operations of a multi-specialty medical practice preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior management role with management experience in a high-growth health care organization, with prior experience in a Medical Practice Administrator’s or Hospital Administrator role with experience in those roles.
- Proven track record of success facilitating the progressive organizational development of the organization
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise.
**IMS is a tobacco-free work environment**
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
It is the policy of IMS to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Joining Integrated Medical Services is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 22