Headquartered in Phoenix, Integrated Medical Services is a team of 500 employees and a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality innovative health care. Each day is a new day for ground-breaking ideas and unparalleled opportunity. Ours is a culture focused on what we can accomplish today, and where it can lead us tomorrow.
Integrated Medical Services, Inc. is currently searching for a professional, compassionate and knowledgeable individual to fill the position of Controller in our Corporate Office in Phoenix. As head of the finance team, the Controller will manage and supervise all aspects of accounting including payroll, accounts payable, financial reporting, banking and tax compliance. The Controller is responsible for all high-level accounting functions maximizing the return on company assets by establishing and maintaining sound financial policies, procedures, and reporting systems within the department. The Controller reports to the Chief Financial Officer, providing management with reliable information vital to the decision making and strategic planning processes of the company.
- Provide direct oversight of all accounting operational functions
- Coordinate and prepare internal and external financial statements and annual budgets
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial policies, procedures, and guidelines in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Develop and enforce internal controls to protect company assets and limit risk of loss and non-compliance
- Assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns maintaining tax compliance
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by staying abreast of existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors as needed
- Coordinate and prepare balance sheet account reconciliations making correcting ledger entries timely as needed
- Advise management of potential risks timely as they arise
- Hire, train, and develop accounting team with dynamic leadership creating an environment of trust and productivity
- Prepare corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy consulting with Human Resources as appropriate
- Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database while keeping up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance
- Create and maintain relationships with service providers, vendors and contractors, including banking institutions, outside accounting firms and joint venture partners
- Serve as a resource for service line leadership and medical providers by providing information to support their divisions accurately and timely
- Demonstrate knowledge of and models behavior in line with IMS’ mission, vision and values
- Other duties as deemed necessary
- Travel may be required and hours may vary outside of normal office hours depending on business needs
- Possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and management regarding the finances of the business to support recommendations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present analysis clearly and concisely to people with widely varying degrees of financial knowledge
- Ability to prioritize while bringing tasks to completion within established timeframes
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Affinity for fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision
- Team player with positive attitude
- Possess excellent computer skills with experience in accounting software and Microsoft Office suite
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- 5-10 years proven accounting experience in positions with increasing responsibility
- Working knowledge of finance and regulatory standards (GAAP)
- Demonstrated experience and expertise with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Payroll management experience preferred
Joining Integrated Medical Services is more than saying "yes" to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
You can look forward to a generous compensation package including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off and a very lucrative 401K plan.
*IMS is a tobacco-free work environment
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.