Director, Information Technology/Electronic Health Records
Integrated Medical Services (IMS) is a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality, innovative health care. The multi-specialty group has primary care and most specialties well represented throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and many rural locations – over 50 location.
Come join the fastest growing multi-specialty organization in Arizona! IMS is searching for a full-time Director, Information Technology/Electronic Health Records. The Director will provide direction and management of system wide information technology strategies and works closely with peer and senior level management within IMS to derive a detailed understanding of their business, infrastructure and human capital needs from a systems perspective.
- Develop strategy as it relates to the organization's IT infrastructure (computer and information systems, security, communication systems)
- Provide direction for the strategic development, implementation, and support for the respective programs/applications
- Drive assessment of needs an implementation of strategies to link practice guidelines to practice-based electronic medical records systems, including recommendations on future direction for health care informatics within the organization
- Create processes and standards for selection, implementation, and support of systems
- Ensure smooth delivery and operation of IT services by monitoring systems performance
- Manage EHR/PM system upgrades and hotfixes
- Oversee Interface management
- Data base build, modification, and management
- Ongoing build and customization
- Analyze data within the EMR to assist staff and providers in UDS, HEDIS, PCMH, and other compliance programs and standards.
- Create, utilize and implement customized training curriculum to train and instruct the physician’s office staff on the use the features of the electronic practice management and electronic medical records software effectively.
- Supports integration and architecture requirements for affiliated medical health information exchange (HIE).
- Directly and remotely support the physicians and physician office staff in the use of the software
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- 8+ years of experience working in IT operations, supervising technology teams, and overseeing large information technology projects
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and telecommunications systems
- Knowledge of practice management and training development
- Experience in staff training and development; implementing or training in practice management systems, desired
- Strong background in various physician practice management systems
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Citrix, MS Exchange, and knowledge of IT hardware required
- Athena experience preferred
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with teams across the entire organization
Joining Integrated Medical Services is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
You can look forward to a generous compensation package including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off and a very lucrative 401K plan.
*IMS is a tobacco-free work environment
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
It is the policy of IMS to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 29