EEG Technician - Neurology
Headquartered in Phoenix, Integrated Medical Services is a team of 500 employees and a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality innovative health care. Each day is a new day for ground-breaking ideas and unparalleled opportunity. Ours is a culture focused on what we can accomplish today, and where it can lead us tomorrow.
Integrated Medical Services, Inc. is currently searching for a professional, compassionate and knowledgeable individual to fill the position of EEG Technician in our Neurology Clinic. The EEG tech is responsible for performing EEG tests, gathering patient medical history, explaining testing procedures, and preparing patients for their procedure. During testing, the EEG tech will monitor patient status and note any abnormalities. After testing they will report findings to the provider for further analysis.
- Performs prescribed standard and complex electroencephalographic and evoked potential procedures.
- Places electrodes to appropriate locations on patient’s scalp. Ensures that the patient feels comfortable and secure.
- Monitors the patient’s heart rate and other vital signs.
- Analyzes, identifies and documents procedures to maximize patient outcome.
- Maintains EEG equipment and orders supplies as needed.
- Travels to patient homes for Ambulatory EEG Monitoring including equipment hookup and disconnect.
- Completes log sheets for Home Monitoring.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience as a Neurology EEG Technician required
- Bilingual preferred
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Ability to travel
- Good computer skills and being familiar with Microsoft (Word and Excel)
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Graduate from an accredited EEG technician program strongly preferred.
- Active certification by American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists strongly preferred.
Joining Integrated Medical Services is more than saying "yes" to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
You can look forward to a generous compensation package including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off and a very lucrative 401K plan.
*IMS is a tobacco-free work environment
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.