Headquartered in Phoenix, Integrated Medical Services is a team of 500 employees and a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality innovative health care. Each day is a new day for ground-breaking ideas and unparalleled opportunity. Ours is a culture focused on what we can accomplish today, and where it can lead us tomorrow.
Integrated Medical Services, Inc. is currently searching for a professional, compassionate and knowledgeable individual to fill the position of Endoscopy Technician for our Gastroenterology Lab. The Endoscopy Technician is responsible for assisting physicians or registered nurses in endoscopy procedures, delivering specimens and conducting preventative maintenance on equipment.
**This position is a PRN role.
- Conducts preventative maintenance on equipment according to center procedures; may perform minor repairs as necessary; advises appropriate staff members of equipment malfunctions.
- Maintains endoscopic equipment in a clean and orderly manner; disinfects equipment and accessories according to center procedures and manufacturer guidelines.
- Under the direction of physician or registered nurse, assists in performing endoscopic procedures such as biopsies, brushings, washings, dilations, polypectomies, labels specimens, and assists nurse in monitoring patient's condition.
- Delivers specimens to appropriate locations.
- Ensures procedure rooms and charts are maintained with necessary supplies; restocks as necessary.
- Maintains work area and procedure rooms in a neat, clean and orderly manner according to departmental procedures.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to interact with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
- Must have knowledge of and follow HIPAA guidelines and secure Protected Health Information at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of experience as an Endoscopy Technician preferred
- Endoscopy Technician certification preferred not required
- Active BLS certification
Joining Integrated Medical Services is more than saying "yes" to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
*IMS is a tobacco-free work environment
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.