IT / EHR Manager
Headquartered in Phoenix, Integrated Medical Services is a team of 500 employees and a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality innovative health care. Each day is a new day for ground-breaking ideas and unparalleled opportunity. Ours is a culture focused on what we can accomplish today, and where it can lead us tomorrow.
Integrated Medical Services, Inc. is currently searching for a professional, compassionate and knowledgeable individual to fill the position of Information Technology and Electronic Health Records Manager. The IT & EHR Manager is responsible for providing direction and management of system wide information technology strategies and works closely with peer and senior level management within IMS to derive a detailed understanding of their business, infrastructure and human capital needs from a systems perspective. They’re also responsible for overseeing the technical infrastructure within the organization & leading a team of IT/EHR staff.
- Oversee IT operations and supervise systems and IT staff
- Develop strategy as it relates to the organization's IT infrastructure (computer and information systems, security, communication systems)
- Provide direction for the strategic development, implementation, and support for the respective programs/applications
- Drive assessment of needs and implementation of strategies to link practice guidelines to practice-based electronic medical records systems, including recommendations on future direction for health care informatics within the organization
- Ensure smooth delivery and operation of IT services by monitoring systems performance
- Create processes and standards for selection, implementation, and support of systems
- Provide strategic oversight of the IT/EHR support team who manage and implement the day-to-day tracking of area specific content and integrated development of project milestones in every phase
- Ensure quality and timeliness of final deliverables achieved by the department
- Maintain ongoing communications and collaboration with the providers, CFO and operational leaders within IMS including timeline, sequencing, and operational readiness approach
- Manage relationships with vendor resources for their respective programs/applications
- Provide leadership, support and management for team leads and project resources
- Identify and foster talent in all team members
- Manage EHR/PM system upgrades and hotfixes
- Oversee Interface management
- Database build, modification, and management
- Perform specialized, integrated, information system analysis, design, test for implementation(s).
- Support go-live, ongoing maintenance and enhancements.
- Manage communication between all third-party vendors.
- Manage and maintain all third-party applications (ex. Dragon, Lab interfaces, EDI services etc.)
- Support integration and architecture requirements for affiliated medical health information exchange (HIE).
- Extensive knowledge on medical record, HIPAA, and security laws.
- Directly and remotely support the physicians and physician office staff in the use of the software
- 8+ years of experience working in IT operations, supervising technology teams, and overseeing large information technology projects
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and telecommunications system
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Citrix, MS Exchange, and knowledge of IT hardware required
- Medical experience preferred
- Athena experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with teams across the entire organization
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills
- Strong knowledge of project management principles
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
Joining Integrated Medical Services is more than saying "yes" to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
You can look forward to a generous compensation package including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off and a very lucrative 401K plan.
*IMS is a tobacco-free work environment
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.