Lead Medical Assistant - Neurology
Headquartered in Phoenix, Integrated Medical Services is a team of 500 employees and a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality innovative health care. Each day is a new day for ground-breaking ideas and unparalleled opportunity. Ours is a culture focused on what we can accomplish today, and where it can lead us tomorrow.
Integrated Medical Services, Inc. is currently searching for a professional, compassionate and knowledgeable individual to fill the position of Lead Medical Assistant in our Neurology clinic in Phoenix. The Lead Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting Physicians, clinical and non-clinical staff in providing medical care, as well as implementing and evaluating direct patient care. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment and skills necessary to provide excellent patient care and achieve desired goals.
- Coordinates and supervises the activities of clinical team members engaged in clinical care for patients under the supervision of a Physician or provider for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
- Monitors daily performance of clinical team members to ensure duties are completed accurately, efficiently and timely such as overseeing proper lab procedures.
- Ensures clinical equipment remains in operating condition. Assists medical assistants, nurses and providers with maintaining patient flow to ensure patients are seen timely and efficiently.
- Serves as a back-up for clinical team members as needed by working as a provider’s primary nurse or assistant due to staffing needs including vacations, illnesses, lunches, etc.
- Prepares patient for exam and treatment by taking and recording vital signs, symptoms and other necessary measurements and recording chief complaint; documents pain scores as appropriate and charts in electronic medical record accurately and efficiently. Reports condition of patient which may be indicative of change in the patient's condition to the clinician. Assists providers with exams and minor in office procedures and acts as chaperone as needed.
- Performs a variety of office-based testing and treatments related to patient care under the supervision of a clinician, including but not limited to injections, aspirations, and other procedures as needed. May administer medications in accordance with established policies and procedures or as directed. Uses universal sterile techniques and personal protective equipment as needed at all times to ensure compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Coordinates and manages patient care including pre-certifications, referrals, authorizations, prescriptions and scheduling of patients for clinic, hospital and other ancillary medical treatments and tests. Responsible for communicating test results, patient instruction regarding durable medical equipment and home exercise programs to patient, where directed. Acts as a resource to clinical and non-clinical staff in order to provide optimal patient care.
- Orders supplies and stocks patient care areas. Monitors inventory including medication and injectables, i.e., expired medications/equipment, recalls and patient tracking.
- Bilingual strongly preferred
- Good computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft (Word and Excel)
- Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to interact with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Has the desire to teach and support others and the ability to adjust teaching style to the learning needs of new and current team members to facilitate successful training and mentoring
- Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
- Must have knowledge of and follow HIPAA guidelines and secure Protected Health Information at all times.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have a Medical Assisting degree from an accredited college or university. Certification as a Medical Assistant is preferred
- Experience with office medical procedures and treatments and knowledge of insurance, managed care operations, EMR and scheduling software
Joining Integrated Medical Services is more than saying "yes" to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
You can look forward to a generous compensation package including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off and a very lucrative 401K plan.
*IMS is a tobacco-free work environment
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.