Medical Assistant - Avondale Primary Care
Integrated Medical Services (IMS) is a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality, innovative health care. The multi-specialty group has primary care and most specialties well represented throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and many rural locations.
IMS is currently seeking a full-time Medical Assistant for a busy Primary Care Practice located in Avondale, AZ.
Prior experience preferred. Position includes: pre-assessing patients by reviewing history, collecting current information, and appropriate vital signs, prepare and clean room for patient and get patient prepared for the physician encounter. Schedule appointments for patient with labs, radiology, specialty consults, and follow-up visits as ordered by the physician. Resolve patient concerns promptly.
- At least 2 years experience as an MA required
- Bilingual required
- Excellent communication skills-both written and verbal
- Good computer skills and being familiar with Microsoft (Word and Excel)
- EMR experience a plus
- Must be a quick learner and open to change
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of Medical Assistant course from an accredited program or passage of the Medical Assistant examination
- CPR certified
Great compensation and benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, long-term and short-term disability, 401k and more!
Skills / Requirements
- MUST be fluent in English and Spanish
- Prior phone experience strongly preferred in a medical office setting with 3 or more providers.
- Candidate MUST have a strong customer service orientation and ability to multi-task.
- Medical Assistant Certification a plus.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 42