Medical Assistant General Surgery
Integrated Medical Services (IMS) is a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality, innovative health care. The multi-specialty group has primary care and most specialties well represented throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and many rural locations.
IMS is looking for a talented, experienced Medical Assistant for our General Surgery office in Glendale, AZ! This position will also travel to our Paradise Valley office 2 days/month. Prior General Surgery experience required. Position includes: front office duties, scheduling surgeries, pre-assessing patients by reviewing history, collecting current information, and appropriate vital signs, prepare and clean room for patient and get patient prepared for the physician encounter. Schedule appointments for patient with labs, specialty consults, and follow-up visits as ordered by the physician. Resolve patient concerns promptly.
- At least one year of previous Medical Assisting experience preferred.
- General Surgery experience required
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills-both written and verbal
- Good computer skills and being familiar with Microsoft (Word and Excel)
- EMR experience a plus
- Must be a quick learner and open to change
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of Medical Assistant diploma from an accredited program or passage of the Medical Assistant examination
- CPR certified
IMS offers great compensation and benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, long-term and short-term disability, 401k and more!
*IMS is a tobacco free workplace.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 12