Medical Assistant -Neurology
Headquartered in Phoenix, Integrated Medical Services is a team of 500 employees and a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality innovative health care. Each day is a new day for ground-breaking ideas and unparalleled opportunity. Ours is a culture focused on what we can accomplish today, and where it can lead us tomorrow.
Integrated Medical Services, Inc. is currently searching for a professional, compassionate and knowledgeable individual to fill the position of Medical Assistant Float for our Neurology clinic in Avondale. The Medical Assistant Float is responsible for providing support by assisting patients and their family members before, during and after their visit. Medical Assistants work alongside doctors, nurses, front office staff, and other clinical personnel, performing functions that help the clinic run smoothly.
- Room patients
- Take vitals/review patient history
- Manages check-in and check-out functions
- Schedules appointments/tests/procedures
- Prepare and clean room for patient and get patient prepared for the physician encounter.
- Performs a variety of office-based testing and treatments related to patient care under the supervision of clinician care.
- Coordinates and manages patient care including pre-certifications, referrals, authorizations, prescriptions and scheduling of patients for clinic, hospital and other ancillary medical treatments and tests.
- Answers incoming calls and route them to the appropriate staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least 1 - 3 years’ experience as a Medical Assistant preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) required
- Excellent communication skills-both written and verbal
- Good computer skills and being familiar with Microsoft (Word and Excel)
- EMR (Athena) experience a plus
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of Medical Assistant program from an accredited school, or passage of the Medical Assistant examination.
- CPR certified
Joining Integrated Medical Services is more than saying "yes" to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
You can look forward to a generous compensation package including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off and a very lucrative 401K plan.
*IMS is a tobacco-free work environment
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.