Medical Billing Specialist-Remote
Headquartered in Phoenix, Integrated Medical Services is a team of 500 employees and a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality innovative health care. Each day is a new day for ground-breaking ideas and unparalleled opportunity. Ours is a culture focused on what we can accomplish today, and where it can lead us tomorrow.
Integrated Medical Services, Inc. is currently searching for a professional, compassionate and knowledgeable individual to fill the position of Billing Specialist in our Revenue Cycle Department. The Billing Specialist is responsible for processing and submitting accurate and timely claims to payers, A/R follow-up, analyzing and researching unpaid claims and assisting in the resolutions of denial, partial payments and payment variances.
**This position is remote (work from home), but must reside in Maricopa Country, Arizona.
**Training is completed in person at out corporate office located in Northeast Phoenix
- Researches and processes insurance denials, unpaid claims or underpaid claims reviewing documentation and insurance/contract/coding guidelines. This process includes written appeals when appropriate and/or contacting the insurance.
- Understands insurance plan coverage's, authorizations, benefits and benefit limitations, demonstrates ability to calculate allowable and patient liabilities
- Understands basic remit and remark codes and demonstrates knowledge of resolving simple claim denials
- Research, trend and resolve claim denials.
- Responsible for assisting with billing secondary claims and EOBs that need follow up.
- At least 1 - 3 years’ experience as an AR Follow Up/Billing Specialist required
- Bilingual preferred
- Excellent communication skills-both written and verbal
- Good computer skills and being familiar with Microsoft (Word and Excel)
- EMR (Athena) experience a plus
- High School Diploma or GED
Joining Integrated Medical Services is more than saying "yes" to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
You can look forward to a generous compensation package including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off and a very lucrative 401K plan.
*IMS is a tobacco-free work environment
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.