Medical Billing Specialist
Integrated Medical Services (IMS) is a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality, innovative health care. This multi-specialty group has primary care and most specialties well represented throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and many rural locations.
IMS is looking for a talented Billing Specialist to join our team!
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in the daily activities of the Business Office including basic coding, data entry, patient registration and claim review in an effort to resolve all patient inquiries and/ or disputes
- Processes medical claim insurance payments, patient payments (including setting up payment plans), and applying insurance adjustments through data-entry in the EHR
- Manages low reimbursements and denials to determine when a reimbursement requires appeal
- Researches and processes insurance denials, unpaid claims or underpaid claims reviewing documentation and insurance/contract/coding guidelines.
- Follow up and identify billing issues for outstanding claims.
Education, Certification and Licenses:
- High School diploma or GED required
- CPC (coding) license preferred
- 3 years minimum experience required, specifically medical office/physician billing and insurance claim follow-up and denial management
- Knowledge of Athena system preferred
- Ability to speak Spanish, a plus.
Great compensation and benefits package to include, medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, long and short term disability, 401k and more!
*IMS is a tobacco free workplace.
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
It is the policy of IMS to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18