Medical Records Clerk - Cardiology
Headquartered in Phoenix, Integrated Medical Services is a team of 500 employees and a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality innovative health care. Each day is a new day for ground-breaking ideas and unparalleled opportunity. Ours is a culture focused on what we can accomplish today, and where it can lead us tomorrow.
Integrated Medical Services, Inc. is currently searching for a professional, compassionate and knowledgeable individual to fill the position of Medical Records Clerk in our Cardiology department in Avondale. The medical record clerk reviews medical records for compliance with approved policies. Works independently or as part of a medical records department.
- Maintains patient charts by completing assigned portion of daily audit trail; corrects and communicates problems according to established procedures.
- Processes patient and 3rd party requests for records by following established procedures
- Sends charts to assigned areas of the practice by following established routing procedures.
- Ensures medical records are assembled in standard order and are accurate and complete.
- Keeps health care providers informed by communicating availability or unavailability of the record.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential.
- At least 1 year of medical office or electronic filing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills-both written and verbal
- Good computer skills and being familiar with Microsoft (Word and Excel)
- High school diploma required
- Associates degree in Health Information Technology preferred.
Joining Integrated Medical Services is more than saying "yes" to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
You can look forward to a generous compensation package including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off and a very lucrative 401K plan.
*IMS is a tobacco-free work environment
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.