Nuclear Medicine Technologist (PRN)
Headquartered in Phoenix, Integrated Medical Services is a team of 500 employees and a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality innovative health care. Each day is a new day for ground-breaking ideas and unparalleled opportunity. Ours is a culture focused on what we can accomplish today, and where it can lead us tomorrow.
Integrated Medical Services, Inc. is currently searching for a professional, compassionate and knowledgeable individual to fill the position of Nuclear Medicine Technologist for our growing Cardiology Department. The Nuclear Technologist will be responsible to prepare, administer, and measure radioactive isotopes in therapeutic, diagnostic, and tracer studies utilizing a variety of radioisotope equipment. If you have experience in a as Nuclear Technologist at a medium-sized medical practice, we encourage you to apply for this position.
**This is a PRN position and not a full-time role.
- Calculate, measure and record radiation dosage or radiopharmaceuticals received, used and disposed, using computer and following physician's prescription.
- Detect and map radiopharmaceuticals in patients' bodies, using a camera to produce photographic or computer images.
- Explain test procedures and safety precautions to patients and provide them with assistance during test procedures.
- Produce a computer-generated or film image for interpretation by a physician.
- Develop treatment procedures for nuclear medicine treatment programs.
- Ability to travel to Avondale, Phoenix and Paradise Valley clinics
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and to be accurate, efficient and organized.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships while addressing complex sensitive administrative issues.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work efficiently and cope with emergency situations
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associates Degree in Nuclear Medicine from an accredited college or university.
- Must hold an active AZ license as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist, as well as active NMTCB and MRTBE certifications.
- Current BLS, ACLS and CPR certification required
- Minimum 2 - 5 years’ experience in Cardiology clinic.
Joining Integrated Medical Services is more than saying "yes" to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
*IMS is a tobacco-free work environment
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.