Nurse Practitioner Neurology
Integrated Medical Services (IMS) is a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality, innovative health care. The multi-specialty group has primary care and most specialties well represented throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and many rural locations. In 2016, IMS appointed a new Chief Executive Officer who is immensely supportive of Advanced Practice Providers in the healthcare community.
The primary purpose of this position is to evaluate the neurological status of patients, administer tests, and provide diagnosis and treatment plans to pediatric and adult patients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides treatment and evaluation for neurological problems in pediatric and adult patients.
- Performs appropriate assessments, obtains histories, and completes physical examinations.
- Uses knowledge of physical, social, emotional, and developmental functioning and diagnostic skills to develop a working diagnosis for patients for the development and implementation of treatment plans.
- Orders and interprets patient care tests, treatments and exams.
- Administers and interprets neurological tests and cognitive function testing.
- Completes timely and accurate documentation of all pertinent clinical findings in the patient medical record to facilitate communication with team members and provide a legal medical record in accordance with established documentation standards for the Neurology Division
- Handles prescription needs, provides advice regarding neurological problems, general health education and coordination of care.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Licensure:
- Graduation from an accredited nursing school.
- Must possess a license as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Arizona.
- Two (2) years of post licensure experience in the practice of Neurology or Sleep Medicine.
- Bilingual preferred
Benefits of Working with IMS:
- Generous base pay
- License and Malpractice fees paid
- CME reimbursement
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid long-term disability
- Leadership opportunities
- Paid Time Off
- Medical benefits effective date of hire
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and company match, up to 4%
*IMS is a tobacco-free workplace.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9