Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Cardiology
Integrated Medical Services (IMS) is a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality, innovative health care. The multi-specialty group has primary care and most specialties well represented throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and many rural locations. In 2016, IMS appointed a new Chief Executive Officer who is immensely supportive of Advanced Practice Providers in the healthcare community.
IMS Cardiology is seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our team. The primary purpose of this position is to provide healthcare management of the cardiovascular system and treatment of diseases related to the heart. This position will treat patients within the clinic, as well as conduct regular hospital rounding. Experience as an advanced practice provider in Cardiology is required.
Lucratiave sign-on bonus of $5,000 - $10,000 depending on candidate's experience!
Essential Job Functions
- Taking histories and performing physical exams
- Ordering and performing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Formulating a diagnostic impression
- Developing and implementing a treatment plan
- Monitoring the effectiveness of therapeutic interventions
- Assisting in surgery
- Offering patient counseling and education
- Making referrals
- Performing minor surgery (defined as those delegated invasive procedures which are consistent with the training and experience of the NP/PA, are normally taught in NP/PA programs, and that are approved by the board as falling within the NP/PA scope of practice)
- Performing other non-surgical health care tasks taught in courses of training approved by the board that are consistent with the training and experience of the NP/PA and that are delegated by the supervising physician.
Education and Experience
1. Graduation from an accredited NP or PA educational program and passage of board-approved certifying exam.
2. Requires licensure as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the State of Arizona.
1. At least one year of experience as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in Cardiology is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10