Office Lead | Primary Care | Goodyear
Integrated Medical Services (IMS) is a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality, innovative health care. The multi-specialty group has primary care and most specialties well represented throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and many rural locations.
IMS is currently seeking a full-time Office Lead for our Primary Care clinic located in Goodyear, AZ!
Primary job function will be assisting both Front and Back Offices, along with Site Supervisor. Additional job functions include answering the phone, scheduling patients, check in and check out, rooming patients and performing a variety of office-based testing and treatments related to patient care.
Essential Job Function
- Oversees front office area which may include; checking in and checking out functions, scheduling, verifications, referrals, and medical records. Office Lead will be expected to greet patients and provide the highest quality customer service. They may perform a variety of front office task including closing batches Phone support/ manage queue over all front office support.
- Assisting Site Supervisor with coordination of medical assistants’ schedules, ensuring that patients are roomed in a timely manner, and in accordance with IMS policy and procedure.
- Prepares patient for exam and treatment by taking and recording vital signs, symptoms and other necessary measurements and recording chief complaint; documents pain scores as appropriate and charts in electronic medical record accurately and efficiently. Reports condition of patient which may be indicative of change in the patient's condition to the clinician. Assists providers with exams and minor in-office procedures and acts as chaperone as needed.
- Performs a variety of office-based testing and treatments related to patient care under the supervision of a clinician, including but not limited to injections, aspirations, and other procedures as needed. May administer medications in accordance with established policies and procedures or as directed. Uses universal sterile techniques and personal protective equipment as needed at all times to ensure compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Coordinates in-patient care including pre-certifications, referrals, authorizations, prescriptions and scheduling of patients for clinic, hospital and other ancillary medical treatments and tests. Responsible for communicating test results, patient instruction regarding durable medical equipment and home exercise programs to patient, where directed. Acts as a resource to clinical and non-clinical staff in order to provide optimal patient care.
- Provides clerical support with patient/client notification and documentation, to include but not limited to complete medical records including labs, authorizations, X-Rays, hospital records and any previous care pertaining to each patient visit. Provides complete and accurate information necessary for billing related to the patient encounter in a timely fashion. Other duties to include scheduling follow up appointments with patients.
- Maintains a clean, functional environment including cleaning and disinfection of equipment, exam rooms and storage areas. Disinfects equipment and instruments using appropriate solutions following sterilization procedures. Follows manufacturer's recommendations and OSHA guidelines in handling of hazardous substances. Performs basic maintenance of equipment and coordinates needed maintenance for prompt repairs.
- Works in conjunction with Site Supervisor, ordering supplies and stocks patient care areas. Monitors inventory including medication and injectables, i.e., expired medications/equipment, recalls and patient tracking.
- Develops and maintains effective communication mechanism with all external and internal customers. Exemplifies service orientation and the team concept in all contacts.
- Keeps in communication with the front office, back office to aid in patient flow. Responsible for assisting Site Supervisor in prioritization of patient flow through clinical process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Travel may be required depending on business needs.
- Hours may vary and be outside of normal office hours depending on business needs.
- Medical Assistant diploma or certification.
- Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to interact with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
- Must have knowledge of and follow HIPAA guidelines and secure Protected Health Information at all times.
*IMS is a tobacco-free work environment
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
It is the policy of IMS to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 42