Referral Coordinator Cardiology
Integrated Medical Services (IMS) is a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality, innovative health care. The multi-specialty group has primary care and most specialties well represented throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and many rural locations.
IMS Cardiology is currently seeking a full-time Referral Coordinator for our practice located in Avondale, AZ!
Primary job function will be processing a high volume of referrals for new and existing patients. This position will also provide support in answering phones and demonstrate excellent customer service with patients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for verifying and obtaining referrals as required by insurance companies dependent upon the plan coverage for all patients.
- Contacts patients for updated insurance information, where applicable and coordinates with the Financial Counselor information needed for all patients. Special emphasis for patients who are non-covered or under insured.
- Prepares reports of daily activity as requested for management.
- Assists management in month end reporting as requested.
- Works patient treatment schedules at least daily but in advance as time allows.
- Performs financial reviews and calculations based upon information received from the insurance company or plan, assists with logistical and/or clerical problem resolution related to the patient’s medical record, authorization and billing issues.
- Position is also responsible for performing new patient referrals for the practice.
- At least 1 year of experience processing referrals required.
- Cardiology experience preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred.
- Experience with Athena EHR preferred.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Attention to detail required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Medical Assisting diploma or certification strongly preferred.
- CPR certified
*IMS is a tobacco free workplace.
Great compensation and benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, long-term and short-term disability, 401k and more!
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10