Referral Coordinator | Cardiology
Integrated Medical Services (IMS) is a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality, innovative health care. The multi-specialty group has primary care and most specialties well represented throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and many rural locations.
IMS Cardiology is currently seeking a full-time Referral Coordinator for our practice located in Avondale, AZ!
Essential Job Functions:
- Verifies and obtains referrals as required by insurance companies dependent upon the plan coverage for all patients.
- Contacts patients for updated insurance information
- Prepares reports of daily activity as requested for management.
- Assists management in month end reporting as requested.
- Works patient treatment schedules
- Performs financial reviews and calculations
- Position is also responsible for performing new patient referrals for the practice
- At least 1 year of experience processing referrals required.
- Cardiology experience preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred.
- Experience with Athena EHR preferred.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Attention to detail required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Medical Assisting diploma or certification strongly preferred.
- CPR certified
*IMS is a tobacco free workplace.
Great compensation and benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, long-term and short-term disability, 401k and more!
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
It is the policy of IMS to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10