Referral Coordinator Primary Care
Integrated Medical Services (IMS) is a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality, innovative health care. The multi-specialty group has primary care and most specialties well represented throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and many rural locations.
IMS Primary Care is currently seeking a full-time Referral Coordinator for our practice located in Phoenix. AZ!
Primary job function will be processing referrals for new and existing patients. This position will also provide support in answering phones and demonstrate excellent customer service with patients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for verifying and obtaining referrals as required by insurance companies dependent upon the plan coverage for all patients.
- Contacts patients for updated insurance information, where applicable and coordinates with the Financial Counselor information needed for all patients. Special emphasis for patients who are non-covered or under insured.
- Prepares reports of daily activity as requested for management.
- Assists management in month end reporting as requested.
- Works patient treatment schedules at least daily but in advance as time allows.
- Performs financial reviews and calculations based upon information received from the insurance company or plan, assists with logistical and/or clerical problem resolution related to the patient’s medical record, authorization and billing issues.
- Position is also responsible for performing new patient referrals for the practice.
- 3+ years Referral experience required
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred.
- Experience will Athena EHR preferred.
- Insurance knowledge preferred
- Strong customer service
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Attention to detail required.
- High School Diploma or GED
*IMS is a tobacco free workplace.
Great compensation and benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, long-term and short-term disability, 401k and more!
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 42