Referral Manager | Cardiology | Avondale
Integrated Medical Services (IMS) is a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality, innovative health care. The multi-specialty group has primary care and most specialties well represented throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and many rural locations.
IMS Cardiology is looking for a Referral Manager which will be located in our Avondale, AZ office!
This position is accountable for processing outgoing referrals for the practice, scheduling patient appointments and procedures with other offices, and coordinating with the patient to make sure they make their appointments. The Referral Manager is also responsible for supervising the referrals staff and maintaining high standards of accuracy.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervises the referrals staff and makes sure they are on task and processing referrals accurately.
- Performs referrals and authorizations in timely, effective and efficient manner.
- Coordinates with facilities to schedule appointments or procedures.
- Implements eligibility verification as part of the referral process.
- Maximizes usage of on-line tools for authorizations and to support other procedures and processes.
- Ensures that all pertinent information and the actual referral are directed to the proper office.
- Faxes clinical notes if referring to a practice outside of IMS.
- Processes outgoing referral requests to non-IMS and IMS physicians.
- Follows through with pending referrals in a timely manner.
- Schedules follow up patient appointments as necessary.
- Takes accurate phone messages for the doctors, regarding referrals, and relays them promptly.
- Answers internal messages sent to the referral department in a timely manner.
- Assists with new employee orientation as appropriate.
- Completes mandatory in services/ education.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- Travel may be required depending on business needs.
- Hours may vary and be outside of normal office hours depending on business needs.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exhibit courteous and professional manner when talking on phone; Answers phones promptly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal needed oversight and supervision
- Able to perform multiple tasks and prioritize workload
- Communicates professionally with physicians and office staff
- Able to work in fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates characteristics of a team player
- Maintains confidentiality of information
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Knowledge of ICD-9, CPT codes, and insurance carriers claim requirements.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience processing referrals and or insurance verification, preferred.
- At least 3 years of supervisor experience required.
** IMS is a tobacco-free workplace**
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
It is the policy of IMS to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Job Status: Full Time