Registered Nurse / Endovascular / Cath Lab
Headquartered in Phoenix, Integrated Medical Services is a team of 500 employees and a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality innovative health care. Each day is a new day for ground-breaking ideas and unparalleled opportunity. Ours is a culture focused on what we can accomplish today, and where it can lead us tomorrow.
Integrated Medical Services, Inc. is currently searching for a professional, compassionate and knowledgeable individual to fill the position of an Endovascular/Cath Lab Registered Nurse in our procedure lab. The Endovascular RN is responsible for providing direct patient care to adult and geriatric patient populations. This individual will communicate with physicians continuously and perform all aspects of patient care, including but not limited to: patient assessment, medication administration, plans of care before, during and after the procedure. Along with daily duties the RN will assess procedure room for equipment functioning and readiness, obtain supplies for individual cases and ensures all appropriate needs of the Endovascular Lab team are met. As an employee in the Endovascular Lab the RN will participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with other healthcare team members during procedures
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes adult and geriatric patients and the general patient population during all aspects of the patient’s visit.
- Carries out established techniques for safe administration of medications, contrast and parenteral fluids as per facility policies and procedures to optimize patient safety and reduce the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle emergency situations during high-risk procedures.
- Admitting, recovering and discharging of patients from the Endovascular Lab.
- Directs and assists in maintenance and handling of special equipment, monitors and instruments and demonstrates knowledge of radiation safety.
- Ensures assessment and reassessment of the patient is clearly and concisely communicated on charting.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and good working relationships with coworkers for the patient’s benefit.
- Utilizes initiative, self-motivated; manages time and activity effectively.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to interact with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
- Must have knowledge of and follow HIPAA guidelines and secure Protected Health Information at all times.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Arizona.
- Current BLS certification.
- Current ACLS certification.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Cardiac Cath Lab and 1 year in critical care.
Joining Integrated Medical Services is more than saying "yes" to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
You can look forward to a generous compensation package including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off and a very lucrative 401K plan.
*IMS is a tobacco-free work environment
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.