Scheduler | Cardiology
Integrated Medical Services (IMS) is a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality, innovative health care. The multi-specialty group has primary care and most specialties well represented throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and many rural locations.
IMS is looking for a Scheduler for our Cardiology office in Avondale, AZ. This position is responsible for answering high volume of incoming calls and the scheduling and confirming of appointments. This position may also be responsible for logging new patient referrals, and assisting the front office with work related to the support needs of the medical practice. Qualified candidates will need to possess a Medical Assisting diploma due to answering triage calls.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for answering patient telephone calls and directing them to the appropriate person.
- Responsible for the scheduling and re-scheduling of patient appointments.
- Ensure all pertinent information from the patient is registered.
- Send a letter to the patient and referring provider when unable to contact patient.
- May verify eligibility for all appointments.
- May sort referrals accordingly to each referral coordinator.
- May coordinate with MA to ensure they have received records.
- Verify and update patient demographics.
- Other duties as deemed necessary
- Travel may be required depending on business needs.
- Hours may vary and be outside of normal office hours depending on business needs.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with peers and physicians.
- Computer skills.
- Bilingual strongly preferred.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi task.
- Keeps a professional manner when answering the phone at all times.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Possess a Medical Assisting diploma from an accredited program.
- BLS certification
- Minimum of 2 years' work experience.
- Medical Experience and EHR knowledge preferred
*IMS is a tobacco-free work environment
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
It is the policy of IMS to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10