Scheduler Primary Care
Integrated Medical Services (IMS) is a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality, innovative health care. The multi-specialty group has primary care and most specialties well represented throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and many rural locations.
IMS is looking for a Scheduler for our Primary Care clinic in Paradise Valley, Arizona. This position is responsible for answering high volume of incoming calls and the scheduling and confirming of appointments. This position may also be responsible for logging new patient referrals, and assisting the front office with work related to the support needs of the medical practice.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for answering patient telephone calls and directing them to the appropriate person.
- Responsible for the scheduling and re-scheduling of patient appointments.
- Ensure all pertinent information from the patient is registered.
- Send a letter to the patient and referring provider when unable to contact patient.
- May verify eligibility for all appointments.
- May sort referrals accordingly to each referral coordinator.
- May coordinate with MA to ensure they have received records.
- Verify and update patient demographics.
- Other duties as deemed necessary
- Travel may be required depending on business needs.
- Hours may vary and be outside of normal office hours depending on business needs.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with peers and physicians.
- Computer skills.
- Bilingual required.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi task.
- Keeps a professional manner when answering the phone at all times.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
*IMS is a tobacco free workplace.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Medical Assisting diploma preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a Primary Care office setting required.
- Medical Experience and EHR knowledge required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 42