Site Supervisor - Neurology
Headquartered in Phoenix, Integrated Medical Services is a team of 500 employees and a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality innovative health care. Each day is a new day for ground-breaking ideas and unparalleled opportunity. Ours is a culture focused on what we can accomplish today, and where it can lead us tomorrow.
Integrated Medical Services, Inc. is currently searching for a professional, compassionate and knowledgeable individual to fill the position of Site Supervisor in our Neurology department. The Site Supervisor is responsible for assisting Physicians, clinical staff and non-clinical staff by providing administrative support and supervisory functions while serving as a back up for the Practice Manager.
- Monitor time to make sure employees are clocking in and out according to company policy.
- Grant time off requests and approve PTO through Time and Labor.
- Present yourself professionally as a role model for the other employees.
- Staff supervision, discipline, and termination recommendations.
- Maintain cordial relationships with the other practices and referring practices, hospital staff, etc.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment and schedule/perform maintenance as needed
- Interview candidates for open positions.
- Ensure employees are completing their job tasks correctly, re-train if needed.
- Perform prior authorizations for service lines
- Oversee front office workflow and address front end errors
- Monitor phone volume, run reports
- Ensure incoming referrals are contacted, scheduled and attached to appointments
- Arrange coverage for employees while they are sick/on vacation/leave, etc.
- Monitor schedule & office flow and report to Practice Manager.
- Cover the Practice Manager when they are out, monitor time sheets, payroll, etc.
- Respond cordially and timely to the requests via email, inner office mail and phone calls from all departments in IMS.
- Monitor task list for completion and report to the Practice Manager.
- Cover positions while other employees are out if necessary.
- Respond to requests from billing department in a timely manner as they request corrections or have questions or need information in order to get claims paid.
- Open and distribute mail to proper people.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
**This position requires travel between Avondale and Phoenix.
- Insurance guidelines and prior authorization knowledge preferred
- Bilingual strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills-both written and verbal
- Good computer skills and being familiar with Microsoft (Word and Excel)
- EMR (Athena) experience a plus
- High School Diploma or GED
- A Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration or Business Administration strongly preferred
- Prior supervisory or management experience in a clinic or hospital setting
- Completion of Medical Assistant program from an accredited school, or passage of the Medical Assistant examination
Joining Integrated Medical Services is more than saying "yes" to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
You can look forward to a generous compensation package including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off and a very lucrative 401K plan.
*IMS is a tobacco-free work environment
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.