Surgery Scheduler | Orthopedics
Integrated Medical Services (IMS) is a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality, innovative health care. This multi-specialty group has primary care and most specialties well represented throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and many rural locations.
IMS is looking for a talented Surgery Scheduler to join our team at our Westgate and PV offices!
This position is responsible for scheduling surgeries for patients by coordinating physician, assistant surgeons, anesthesiologist, hospital accommodations, and outpatient accommodations if needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Discuss surgery date and location with patient in the office or via phone and enters the schedule into the Athena PM
- Confirm hospital or surgical center the patient needs to go to according to their insurance plan.
- Obtains all pre-op consent forms.
- Orders lab work, EKG and other procedures if needed prior to the surgery.
- Contacts hospital or surgery center via phone or fax to schedule the surgery.
- Calls insurance plan for benefits for the surgery. Calls or faxes information to obtain authorization for the surgery.
- Confirm surgery date and information with patient
- Collects patient co-pays or deductible or percentage prior to surgery, or make arrangements for payments and make notes in the Athena system.
- 2+ years of surgery scheduling experience
- Medical Assistant Certificate/Diploma preferred
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
*IMS is a tobacco-free work environment*
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
It is the policy of IMS to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 15